Monday, October 15, 2012

Hello again!

Hi! I sure haven't posted anything for a while... It's really hard to keep up 3 blogs. I probably won't write very much on here.

Recently, my family got a dog! He's a Labrador Retriever, he's 10 weeks, and we named him Jax (short for Jaximus). I sure wasn't expecting so much work! I have to get up everyday at 6:30 to take him outside.

I'm so excited because my birthday is in 1 month! And then 1 month after that, it will be Christmas. I'm really looking forward to all the holidays. My sisters and I are practicing some songs to sing on Christmas. So far, we have When Christmas Comes to Town from The Polar Express, but we have no idea what other songs. I still want to do a traditional song, such as Silent Night.

For school, I have to write a persuasive essay (my favorite type of essay to write!) and I'm really having fun with it. I feel that with writing, you can get everything you feel off your chest. I'm writing about how America has changed so much since the founding of it. It's really sad to see how Americans have drifted so far from God; this land once firmly believed in Him, and now it's "offensive" if we even talk about Jesus. How is that fair?! Other people can try to press their religion on someone else (any other religion besides Christianity), and it's supposedly not offensive. And then, I heard something once about how people wanted to take the part "One nation under God" out of the Pledge Allegiance.

This year's candidates seem hard to choose from (but of course I can't vote yet). It seems like whoever wins the election, you'll have a downfall either way. Obama speaks great and everything, but he's for abortion and gay marriage, plus he hasn't done very much for America. And then Romney is against what Obama's for, yet I'm not sure whether he would do much for our country or not. We need a person who's for family values and Christian ideas to lead our country. Something I always hear is,"That person's a Republican. They don't understand the poor people like Democrats do. They're only for the rich people!" That's COMPLETELY false. Think of President Abraham Lincoln. He was a Republican and all the people loved him. He was against what was wrong (slavery) and did as much as he could to stop it. America needs to return to the way the Founding Fathers intended it to be. We need to fight for what's right, and stop people from leading us astray: we need to return to God.

~Viviana~

No comments:

Post a Comment