Friday, August 24, 2012

Coming Back!

Hello to all! I'm so sorry I haven't written anything for a long time! I just hope I can start writing stuff again. I've been a little busy, but not enough to make that an excuse of why I haven't been writing. So I hope to once again start writing on here! I started school and have been teaching piano lessons, then I'll be an LIT in Awana, so I'm going to be pretty busy during this season, but I think it will be good.

Have you ever had one of those times where you read the Bible and all, but you don't feel close to God? That's what I had experienced recently. I read my Bible, went to church, but I just couldn't feel God. I wanted to so much, yet I couldn't. I realized I wasn't exactly putting God first. I remembered this verse though:
And you will seek Me and find Me, when you search for Me with all your heart. --Jeremiah 29:13

I needed to give God my entire heart. Before I realized all this, I kind put other things first, like watching TV and trying to have fun too much. And then this verse spoke to me: Incline my heart to Your testimonies, and not to covetousness. Turn away my eyes from looking at worthless things, and revive me in Your way. Establish Your word to Your servant, who is devoted to serving You. Turn away my reproach which I dread, for Your judgments are good. Behold, I long for Your precepts; revive me in Your righteousness. --Psalm 119:36-40

I asked God to revive me, to give me a new, fresh start. He gives second chances, third chances, one thousand chances--just ask Him, and He will give you another chance.

There's something about feeling God's presence that is just so reviving. Your heart becomes overjoyed--it's just something that I cannot explain.

Now, maybe you're in a hard time. Maybe you feel like God forgot about you. Believe me, He didn't. Maybe you lost a loved one, or maybe only bad things are happening. You're probably saying,"Why does God let these things happen?" Well, we don't know why. Only God knows. And sometimes He puts us in certain circumstances to bring us closer to Him. Keep up your hope. Keep faith in Him.

God bless,
--Viviana

No comments:

Post a Comment